A Message from the President
Taisir Subhi Yamin
Chair, World Conference
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC) is very pleased to invite you to participate in its 20th Biennial World Conference, the official international event of the WCGTC. 2013 is the International Year of Giftedness and Creativity (IYGC). This conference is designed to increase public awareness, increase the investment in gifted and creative students and generate enthusiasm for the future of this field of knowledge.
This conference will provide a programme with the highest calibre of keynote speakers, scholars, presenters and exhibitors. It brings leaders in gifted education together to share their knowledge, expertise and practices from many cultures. The venue provides a perfect scientific platform for gifted education, professional dialogue and peer networking aimed at strengthening our services and practices that fulfil our mission.
The conference will be organized by the WCGTC, and will be hosted in Louisville, Kentucky - USA.
Looking forward to meeting with you in Louisville, Kentucky - USA (August 10-14, 2013).
Welcome to Kentucky
- Giftedness: Theory, Research, Practices, and Future Trends;
- Creativity: Theory, Research, and Practices;
- Assessment, Screening, and Identification: Approaches, Models, and Tools;
- Innovation Education;
- Social-Emotional Needs of the Gifted, Creative, and Talented;
- Twice-Exceptional Learners;
- Giftedness, Gender, and Cultural Differences;
- Moral Education, Values, and Social Conscience;
- Advocating for the Gifted;
- Developing Future Leaders;
- Partnering Globally for Success;
- Educational Technology;
- Curriculum and Classroom Practices;
- Guidance and Counseling; and
- Homeschooling, Parenting, and Parent Matters.